It's easy to spot the red flags in a bad relationship AFTER you get out of it. When you're in it, it's a whole different story. So maybe this list can help.
There was a discussion yesterday on Reddit.com about the SUBTLE relationship red flags that people always overlook. Here are the top seven . . .
1. The other person uses ultimatums to get their way instead of compromising.
2. They don't want you to be friends with their friends.
3. Your friends and family HATE them. Your instinct might be to prove your friends and family wrong . . . but sometimes it's worth considering that maybe they're right.
4. They put you on a pedestal. It's great at first, but it means they're not seeing the REAL you, just an idealized version . . . so the only place to go is down.
5. When you start to have more bad days together than good days. Relationships take work, but they're not ALL work.
6. They always have generic or bad excuses for why they don't call, or text, or come by when you're expecting. Eventually, it's clear you're not a priority.
7. They talk about how all of their exes are crazy. If someone thinks everyone ELSE is crazy, THEY might be the crazy one.